Turn your 'ZEN Mode' ON with the Power of Essential Oils
Stress and anxiety are a part and parcel of our lives. There is no way we can possibly escape them entirely. We are triggered by various stressors; big and small, every day that promote and aggravate our anxiety.
While practicing mindful meditation, indulging in a spa session might do the trick, aromatherapy is proven to lift every relaxing act. It is a very powerful approach to not only handle issues such as insomnia and stress. Perhaps, you might not be familiar with the magic of essential oils!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are extracted from various plants, herbs, flowers, leaves, etc. They help relieve stress, depression, and anxiety by stimulating certain areas of your brain. Mainly they target your limbic system that deals and controls your emotions and releases feel-good brain chemicals such as serotonin. – Resulting in you feeling relaxed, calm, and at peace.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a healing process carried out using various essential oils. It helps in relieving anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, fatigue, etc.
Essential oil blends are inhaled via diffusers, candles, or incense sticks. Experts agree that aromatherapy activates the smell receptors in your nose that signal your nervous system. This method has been used for ages now; all over the world for mental and physical healing.
Additional benefits of aromatherapy-
- Helps you sleep better.
- Lowers your anxiety levels instantly.
- It is highly effective for those who undergo a lot of social anxiety, peer pressure, FOMO, issues related to study, etc.
- It helps you gain clarity and improve concentration as well.
How to use essential oils?
- You have to dilute essential oils by blending them with carrier oils. It is not advised to use essential oil directly as they are very potent and can cause skin harm.
- Essential oils when added to diffusers, are great during meditation, yoga sessions, exercising, study time, and also before sleeping.
- You can even add a few drops of essential oil while taking a bath. Lavender oil is particularly popular for a relaxing ‘hot-tub-bath-time’.
- Spraying essential oils in your room using a spray bottle can help you relax and tone down your anxiety.
So, no matter what is trying to stress you out, be it the pandemic or any personal life crisis, aromatherapy is your savior! Once you experience the healing properties of various essential oils, there is no turning back!
Now for the best part!
Here is an amazing DIY stress relief massage oil for you to try out!
Make a blend of bergamot mint eucalyptus and peppermint essential oil. (Four to five drops each)
Mix this blend with 40-50ml of sesame oil.
Tip – Let this oil blend sit overnight, to get fully incorporated with each other.
Massage this oil blend onto your body post-shower until it completely penetrates into your skin. You can use it whenever you feel like it, but massaging it after your night shower works the best! Your body is at rest during the night and therefore, can recover perfectly from a tiring day.
Just imagine the joy of making your own massage oil and using it.
To seal the deal, you can even put on our special Himalayan Chamomile Rose Under-eye Cream. – (and sleep like a baby without any worries of the world) wink, wink!
To tell you more about our under-eye cream is that it’s made up of pure chamomile essential oil and Himalayan rose water. Now we don’t need to tell you how calming and soothing chamomile is!
So, go ahead and enjoy a much-needed therapy session from the comfort of your home!